I stumbled across this on Wikipedia: an entry devoted to an awful TV show I used to enjoy watching during the Saturday morning cartoon programming block. I thought the descriptions of the special episodes were hilarious:
City Guys is a comedy-drama television show that ran from 1997 to December 2001. It lasted five seasons, and ended its airing time around the dissolution of TNBC. It was then aired in syndication. The show was very similar in style to Saved by the Bell, however with an urban setting and more diverse cast. The show was mainly driven by six main characters who had to stay on the ball in high school and avoid trouble, while their principal attempted to keep them in line. The characters dealt with the typical teen issues, such as cheating on tests, peer pressure and dealing with school violence.
 “Special Episodes“
- Cassidy dates a college guy who tries to take advantage of her with roofies.
- A friend of Jamal’s is killed by a drunk driver.
- L-Train’s girlfriend has a drug addiction and she steals from people to get drugs
- Jamal fights a gang member who stabs Chris when he steps in to try to stop the fight.
- Dawn’s mother has a drinking problem and she later shows up drunk in public.
- L-Train discovers he has dyslexia.
- When Jamal accuses someone of being a skinhead he finds out he has cancer.
- Al works for a guy who turns out to be a drug dealer.
- After a visit by his uncle (who was a former Black Panther) Jamal becomes more of a militant black activist. However by the end of the episode he realizes that he was more or less becoming a racist himself and stops.
- Jamal tries to rap, and get disses by the most popular Lip gloss girl
- Al is working for a company that makes toys and he is working in advertisement. He is asked to make an advert for a new toy gun, but after seeing his younger brother and sister playing with them, he has a change of heart.
- Jamal confronts his white prom date’s racist father, who opposes Jamal taking her.
Lately, I’ve been spending some time puzzling over what villain they could put in the next Batman movie. It seems pretty likely to me that the next movie will have Two-Face and Catwoman. Still, it’s fun to think of who they could use.
Things that annoy me:
People who use the word ‘channel’ when talking about radio stations. They’re RADIO STATIONS!
People who pronounce ‘picture’ like its ‘pitcher’. There’s a C in that word! It’s ‘pick-shure’!
People who don’t believe in ADD, and think that it was made up by the drug companies or harried teachers. Wow, I’m glad to see that YOU’RE a psychologist.
Sorry about that. At least I could only think of three things.